Our school takes internet safety and security very seriously. There are a number of documents and links here to help you and your child to stay safe on the internet. Click on the links on the right-hand side find information to help protect your child online:
Our Online Safety Agreement
We agree to:
- use IT help us learn
- keep passwords and account details private
- try to recognised when we have been on a computer for too long, come off and do something else.
- use and search for material which is suitable for school
- follow school rules when using IT resources and the internet:
We know that we:
- ask an adult if we can go on the internet
- never give out personal information over the internet
- never share our passwords
- minimise a page and tell an adult if anything appears that concerns us or we shouldn’t see.
- never use the internet to send unkind messages or search for offensive material
- never open or reply to messages from unknown senders
- think carefully about the information we read on the internet as it may not be accurate
- only use polite language when messaging
Our teachers must:
- check search terms and use child friendly search engines
- show us how to stay safe on the internet using the internet safety resources
Each year we celebrate Safer Internet Day – this year the focus was ‘Be the change: Unite for a better Internet’.