Keeping Fit and Healthy
Physical and Mental well-being is so important to us all. Here are some fun & simple ideas to get children and adults ‘up and active’ in keeping fit and healthy. Physical and Mental well-being is so important to us all.
Children’s Mental Health Week 2021
During Place2be’s Children’s Mental Health Week (1-7 February), children and young people in Somerset are being encouraged to have fun by expressing themselves in seven different ways over seven days in a boost to improve mental health, while be in with a chance to win a prize. The themes are:
- Day 1– Dress to Express. Forget fashion and forget what anyone else thinks – this is the day to wear an outfit that is 100% you.
- Day 2– Create a playlist that expresses who you are as a person. Whether it’s the style, title, lyrics or beat – if it reflects you add it in.
- Day 3– make a word cloud of all the words that represent you. This could include your personality, feelings, passions, hobbies, dreams and more.
- Day 4– Choose an emotion (such as happy, excited or angry) and create a form of art that expresses this. It could be anything from a drawing to creating a dance to creating a dance or video – get as creative as you like.
- Day 5– Find a quote that reflects who you are or inspires you to express who you are. Why not stick it to your wall or save it as your phone wallpaper, for a daily reminder?
- Day 6– Create a photo montage of everything that reflects you including all the ways that you like to express yourself. Think about your hobbies, skills, likes and passions.
- Day 7– Write a list of all the ways you’re going to express yourself this year.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga This is one of Mrs Manzi’s favourites and should be checked out by everyone. Fun for all the family! Give it a go!.
www.gonoodle.com fun dance moves and active games online. Free to subscribe – tons of fun activities which the children will be familiar with as many schools use this site for brain breaks and wet play.
Sport England have produced tons of resources to help keep you active.
PE with Mr C: Some of you may remember a local PE teacher from Middlezoy and Othery schools, he has now set up a youtube PE at home channel. have a go at some of his activities: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGFKsqpWFfSsolMBXkxLKw/
YST 60 Second Physical Activity Challenges: A fun ‘compete against yourself’ approach to physical activity with a focus on resilience and perseverance and the aim to achieve bronze, silver or gold medal targets. Follow the link below to the resources: https://www.youthsporttrust.org/60-second-physical-activity-challenges
Please find below a breakdown of free videos and resources which are available from Youth Support Trust and housed at https://www.youthsporttrust.org/free-resources).
Youth Support Trust have included a New Healthy Movers Program – Healthy Movers @home with Flo available on Tuesdays at 10.30am. For more information click on the link (https://www.youthsporttrust.org/healthy-movers-programme). Join here for Tuesday’s session – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfh8tjJgwQ0&feature=youtu.be
Attached are some wellbeing resources for staff and teacher, and some guides and top tips for practitioners, teachers and parents. There is a specific section for family activities, https://www.youthsporttrust.org/family-activities alongside a Family hub area – https://www.youthsporttrust.org/family-hub.
Activity and sport resources, including fantastic new Wonder Woman 1984 resources, developed in collaboration with DC Comics, and links to the YST After School Sport Club which will run every Tuesday and Thursday at 5pm until March
- Healthy Movers at Home Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made some of the Healthy Movers resource cards free to download. We are also hosting sessions twice a week (Tuesdays & Thursdays) live on YouTube from 26 January https://www.youthsporttrust.org/healthy-movers-programme
- A fun ‘compete against yourself’ approach to physical activity with a focus on resilience and perseverance and the aim to achieve bronze, silver or gold medal targets https://www.youthsporttrust.org/60-second-physical-activity-challenges
- These fun free activities for schools and families will help young people develop skills using the power of sport https://www.youthsporttrust.org/wonder-woman-1984
- Join our 30-minute online club on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5pm until March for all children and young people to do some sport, develop skills and have fun! https://www.youthsporttrust.org/AfterSchoolSportClub
- The School Games Active Championships uses the video-based platform powered by TopYa! to help young people remain active through personal best style video challenges https://www.yourschoolgames.com/back-to-school-games/school-games-active-championships/
- Support, practical resources and useful information to develop girls’ football provision in your school from FA girls’ football school partnerships – supported by Barclays https://girlsfootballinschools.org/
- Activities, games and challenges for all the family, including our exciting Wonder Woman-inspired resource for families and Elements resource for families with children with PMLD https://www.youthsporttrust.org/family-activities
- Active in Mind – this programme offers support to young people experiencing mental health issues, using psycho-social tools and stress-bursting strategies for young people – as well as creating innovative peer mentoring and physical activity opportunities. We have made the Active in Mind poster available as a free download and worked with our Athlete Mentors to produce a suite of top-tips videos for managing mental health https://www.youthsporttrust.org/active-mind
- Covid-19 support videos
A selection of the ‘response to COVID’ school videos are now on our website and YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/user/YouthSportTrust We are releasing these on a phased approach with more scheduled for early 2021